Terms of Reference
The Vision Zero Advocate Institute Awards are for communities who showcase dedication to safety, innovation and achieving a world with zero traffic fatalities. Please note that the award submissions have now closed, and we will be contacting winners shortly. For inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is Eligible?
Municipalities that have a developed road safety plan that is towards zero, or has a target of zero serious injuries or fatalities. Note that municipalities may have interim reductionist targets as a part of the larger Vision Zero strategy.
Award categories include:
- Most Innovative School Zone Initiative
- Most Innovative Cycling Initiative
- Most Innovative Pedestrian Crossing
- Most Innovative Public Education Campaign
- Most Innovative Municipality
Timeline and Process
- The application submission deadline is May 31, 2017, no later than 5:00pm MST.
- Successful award recipients will be notified by July 19, 2017.
- Awards will be presented at the 4th International Conference on Transportation Information and Safety on August 8–10, 2017, in Banff, Alberta.
Profiling the Awards Recipients
Formal award presentations will be at the 4th International Conference on Transportation Information and Safety on August 8–10, 2017, in Banff, Alberta.
Recipients will be notified prior to the conference, and will also be profiled on the Vision Zero Advocate Institute website, as well as related social media channels. As the Vision Zero Advocate Institute is supported by ATS Traffic, recipients will be profiled on ATS Traffic digital and social media properties as well.